Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, June 02, 2006
An Enchantment of Books
Look what James spotted at Border's tonight!

The American Home Front: 1941-1942 by Alistair Cooke

I have to go back tomorrow with my coupon and get it.

I am overflowing with books again. I have Anne Perry's Dark Assassin from the library, plus Murder on Lenox Hill (new "Gaslight Mystery" with midwife Sarah Brandt) and Dead Beat (new Harry Dresden), plus two paperbacks I got from Dollar General, one about Grail short-stories and another about Halloween decorating and parties. I also found a nifty book about digital scrapbooking at Hobby Lobby which had some great graphics ideas in it.

Plus a new Best of British and a copy of this month's American History which has articles about the Nome diphtheria epidemic of 1925 (the real Balto story) and also about how the ice industry in New England changed the world's need for refrigeration.