Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Tuesday Twosome

1. What were your two favorite TV and/or radio programs as a child? Tell about it.

Well, Lassie, of course. I read somewhere that one of the reasons there was always a child on Lassie was that they thought the child in the audience identified with the kid. They changed to an adult (Corey Stuart) only because they found out children actually identified with Lassie. Well, why not? When kids pretend they are something, it's always someone strong and resourceful and self-possessed. They pretend to be superheroes or the dashing and/or clever lead in their favorite series. Who would want to be Jeff or Timmy who always had to be rescued? You would want to be Lassie to do the rescuing, dashing through forest fires, leaping into the lake, galloping down the road at top speed to save the day.

Don't remember what was my second favorite. Maybe Fury or Rin Tin Tin. I remember such wonderful shows back then: Captain Kangaroo, Magic Land of Allakazam, My Friend Flicka, The Roy Rogers/Dale Evans Show, Annie Oakley, National Velvet...

2. If you could follow someone around for one day (unseen), who would it be and why?

Gosh. Rupert Holmes, I guess.

3. What are your favorite and least favorite times of the day? (waking up, driving to work, etc.)

Rising. Weekdays. Time to quote Hawkeye Pierce again: "No wonder they shoot people at sunrise. Who wants to live at six in the morning?" Bedtimes during the week and especially on Sunday night. Because I'm just not sleepy at 11 p.m.

4. Name two things in your freezer:

Well, chicken and pork. Also beef and turkey. And egg rolls and Hot Pockets and...

5. What two things sets [sic] you apart from the crowd?

Well, I proofread meme questions. :-) Is there anything? I've spent my entire life trying to blend in with the woodwork.