Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, May 18, 2006
Thursday Threesome

Fun with numbers!

::303---451---501::

Onesome: 303-- In what household product line is this number used as a size? Can you guess, or will you have to hit the link?

Twosome: 451-- Where is this number used in a title? Bonus: without Google, what is the significance of the number?

Threesome: 501-- Where is this number used to denote a style? Ah, you should know this one <g>...

Okay, I flunked this one good. I should have at least known the second one, but I confess that I've never read the book. Living in a future where books are burned and banned is almost too horrible to contemplate. Should have noticed which word was emphasized in #1, but really, who thinks about numbers in can sizes? I know in old cookbooks they'd say "use so many cups of cooked peas or a #3 can of peas," but I've never seen that used today. And the last—I've never worn that brand of clothing in my life and I don't listen to commercials. So the number means nothing to me.

Numbers that I do find significant: 132, 86, 99, 222, 51, 26809, 100, 32, and 38. You can try guessing them if you like. :-) A couple, though, only family or Rhode Islanders might know. (Maybe Bostonians--which is a hint for one.)