Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Abandoned
Over the weekend there were flocks of them: two pair of cardinal couples, at least one chickadee and some type of tufted titmouse, a big red-headed woodpecker and a smaller one with just a spot of red on the back of his head, and even a male bluebird.

Not one of them did I see last night.

The suet cake is finished and the birds are simply turning their noses (?) up at the seed. This is the same bird food we've always bought and the birds flocked to it.

I remember once that I complained to the vet that Merlin wanted to gobble the millet and not eat his seeds or pellets. She replied, "Well, if you had a choice between candy and vegetables, which would you eat?

She had a point. :-)