Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, April 20, 2006
Thursday Threesome

::"Hey, Good Lookin', whatcha got cookin'
How's about cookin' something up with me."::

Onesome- Hey, good lookin': Makeover time! What's the one thing about yourself you would change if you could? From your hair style to your nose to your weight, you name it.

Well, my weight first of all. If it was something that had to be professionally done, my stupid breasts. I can't understand why any healthy person would want boob jobs. I'd love to be flat chested! Been dragging these wretched things around for years, since junior high.

Twosome- whatcha got cookin'?: Do you like to cook? What's your favorite meal that you cook yourself? Care to share the recipe?

Nope, hate to cook. Only thing I do regularly is cook a pot of rice so we can have it as a side dish one night and then I can have it in chicken broth. Yum! I do cook Rice'a'Roni occasionally; been brought up on the stuff. At Christmastime I like to make wine biscuits. I have Mama's baking bowl now; it will bring back sweet memories.

Threesome- How's about cookin' something up with me?: If you like to cook, do you like to share the kitchen/grill? If you share, do you direct the goings on, or just let the other person do their thing? Or do you prefer to solo it, subscribing to the "too many cooks spoil the broth," theory?

I leave James alone. He doesn't consider cooking a chore, but an art. He loves to experiment, but can't do a lot because I can't eat spicy foods without getting sick. We have very basic, plain, low-fat meals and he always makes them taste delicious with perhaps a little wine or a certain combination of garlic and onion. Of course I'm fairly easy to please: a nice broiled or grilled steak with onions and some boiled potatoes with a little butter substitute on the side and I'm happy. (Or plain roast chicken seasoned in garlic and onion. Or plain grilled pork chops. No gravy needed on anything.)