Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, April 27, 2006
Cool Again!
The early heat wave has finally broken for a few days. Turned the air conditioner off (the A/C in April; how absurd!) last night with much satisfaction. We are having what is probably the last respite before another miserable summer sets in for good. It was 55°F this morning and supposedly will be 47°F tomorrow morning. Had to wear my jacket. The cold fresh air felt wonderful!

At least the weather was nice last night, since it took a long time getting home, but it was worth it. I now have drawer dividers to keep my top dresser drawer in better order and new hand towels for the master bedroom (we now use both at once, so we need a second set), and the stop at Borders was highly profitable: a new Best of British (wow, I think this is the first time I've ever gotten an English magazine before the month it was published for was over) and Earlene Fowler's Delectable Mountains in paperback, although the release date said May.