Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, March 10, 2006
Well, Phooey...
I had shelved all the St. Nicholas volumes and was vacuuming up after myself and all of a sudden there was a horrible stench from the vacuum cleaner. The belt that drives the beater bar on the power head had cracked and gotten caught. No smoke or anything of that sort, but a terrible smell of burning whatever and rubber.

The kicker is that the only place around here that sells belts for a Kirby is in this obscure little vacuum cleaner shop that is open for about two hours on Saturday. Urgh. Exactly in the opposite direction of where I needed to go tomorrow.