Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Tuesday Twosome

How did they know I was going to write about this? :-)

1. Do you suffer from allergies? If so, name it/them:

All of them? Good grief. Okay: dogs, cats, horses, wool, feathers, dust (household, saw-, plaster-, etc.), grass, ragweed, goldenrod, lamb's quarters (that's a weed; it showed up on my allergy test), tree pollen, flowers with scents (or as James puts it, "If it's growing outside, Linda's allergic to it"), and (dammit) penicillin now.

2. What two things does spring signify?

Sneezing. And that horrid summer is on its way. (Okay, the flowers are pretty. But they make me sneeze.)

3. Do you look forward to Spring? Why or why not?

No, because it means summer is coming. I like it best when it's in the 50s.

4. What are two negatives about spring?

Pollen and pollen. I was about to make my usually snarky comment this morning when I came upon these questions. I'll make it anyway.

WELCOME TO THE ANNUAL ATLANTA POLLEN FESTIVAL
Please hold your breath

I woke up this morning with my joints aching and my nose all stuffed. I used to think it was something peculiar with me until I mentioned it to the doctor and he told me that when you have plant allergies that pollen season will make you feel as if you had a mild case of the flu, right down to the aching joints. When I got to work I noticed a puddle of water from last night's showers was surrounded by yellow pine pollen scum. I looked upward at the pine trees and sure enough the pine tassels are full and heavy, quite yellow against the dark tree. Been reveling in the cold snap we had last week, but by tomorrow the temps will creep up into the 70s. Urgh.

5. Are you enjoying your current weather conditions? Why or why not?

Well, I was. We had a delightful cold snap; even had a hard frost yesterday morning. Now it's going into the 70s. In a succinct word: Ick.