Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, March 30, 2006
Thursday Threesome

::External Hard Drive::

Onesome: External-- What sorts of gadgets do having hanging off your computer? We'll spot you that printer, but how about other goodies like scanners, card readers, cameras, MP3 players and such?

We have a scanner, but it's attached to James' computer, not mine. I have the docking station for my PDA, though.

Twosome: Hard-- What part of working with computers is hard for you? ...working with one particular piece of software? Getting that camera to connect? ...or dealing with the family members who don't understand what the deal is <g>?

LOL. I'd say the last, I suppose. Mom never figured out what I saw in this big box. It was funny, when I was in school, my dad urged me to "get into computers." He said they would be the going thing. But back then you had to get an A+ in math to be allowed near a computer and it was all coding and punch cards. (Word Perfect hadn't even been invented back then; how depressing is that? <g>)

At the moment I am having trouble getting files off and on my PDA. The unit usually synchronizes promptly to the computer when I put it in the cradle, but if I transfer files I have a problem. Usually after one or two it locks up Windows Explorer.

Threesome: Drive-- What drives you to the computer? Is it friends? Work? News? Recipes? The weather radar?

Weather and traffic in the morning. Bill pay anytime, and also book searches. Reading material otherwise.