Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, March 09, 2006
Box and (Storage) Bay
I'm collecting "Xerox™ boxes" again.

Yes, we still have a bunch that need to be emptied, but they are strained and battered from the move and have box contents scrawled on top. I'm getting a few fresh ones to use for permanent storage.

The photocopy paper box is the most useful object known to man. It can be carried even by large children, and unless you put ironmongery in it, it's pretty hard to overload. This is what makes it the perfect book-packing box.

Two of the boxes will be fresh "Christmas boxes" to store the gifts I purchase all year long. (Birthday presents as well.) This really cuts down on January debt and I enjoy finding little things here and there during the year that may not appear in November and December. I'm also getting a box for the things that used to be in my computer desk, software backup and manuals that I hardly look at, but might be needed if I get a new computer. (This is becoming a necessity: not only is it slower every day, but the main battery is failing and now my PDA won't synch with it at all, at least not to transfer more than one file—it has made getting rid of e-books I've read and loading new ones impossible.)

Might snag one or two for the old souvenirs from Mom's attic since the boxes are battered from being moved a thousand miles, seven months in a storage shed, and yet another move.