Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, February 23, 2006
Thursday Threesome

::Visualize Whirled Peas::

Onesome: Visualize--
Hmmm...How are you on maps and mapping? Are you one of those people who can translate the paper version to what you're seeing on the road? ...or do you rely on a 'trusy native guide' (or GPS unit) to get you around someplace you've never been?

I'm pretty good with maps, and as long as the sun is out, I can usually find my direction. (One day after work all my usual routes home were blocked by accidents; I just kept traveling on roads going west knowing they'd take me to Cobb County. They did.)

I have learned not to follow the maps on the back of tourist brochures, though. We saw a lot of "Earl Hamner country" after doing that. :-)

Twosome: Whirled-- about in your head: did you ever have a phrase or song lyric you 'just got wrong'? You know, like that Hendrix 'Kiss this guy' malapropism...

Oh, you mean "Mondegreens"! Not songs so much, but I remember when I was a kid wondering why when my parents or relatives had an official document, they had to go to a "noted republic."

Threesome: Peas-- porridge hot? Even though we're looking to the end of Winter (at least here in the Northern Hemisphere), what has been your favorite hot meal this past few months?

The usual comfort food: chicken soup with rice.