Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, February 25, 2006
!@#$%$#!!@%!!! POST OFFICE!
And they wonder why people are turning to e-mail more and more.

On Wednesday, February 15, the first thing I did that morning was go to the main post office and turn in a change of address card. If the mail forwarding did not start immediately, it didn't matter; we would be moving all through the weekend.

However, we were still getting mail at the old address as of yesterday and I was a little perturbed. So I drove back to the post office and, as luck had it, had the same clerk that I had on February 15. I told her I had filled out a change of address last week and asked how long it took for mail to be forwarded and she said seven to ten days. Should I still be getting mail at the old address? I asked. Now she looked surprised. Did you fill it out online? she asked. No, I said, I handed it to you!

She said we should not be having mail delivered at the old address any longer and asked me to fill out another change of address card, then wrote in large letters at the top "DUPLICATE" and highlighted it with pink highlighter. She then went into the back to put in on our carrier's station.

This afternoon, on a hunch, I went by the house.

The mailbox was full of our mail.

Also in the mailbox was the frappin' change of address card!!!!!!!

It was four o'clock by this time and the PO was closed, but I zipped there anyway, wrote a stern note on the front of the change of address card, and dropped it back into the mail slot. Maybe when the 5 p.m. pickup happens someone will actually read the thing. I'll have to call them up first thing on Monday, too.

Idiots.