Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, February 27, 2006
Ducks in a Row and Blossoms in Progress
Someone at the Post Awful is supposed to call me back after eleven.

Circuit City Guy comes to look at the Marvelously Not Responding TV next week.

Earthlink will take another two weeks to set us up with DSL. Sheesh. The Bell South guy could have given it to us immediately. Talk about an incentive to switch!

Meanwhile, that white glow has appeared over Georgia again. Nope, not snow or frost—the Bradford pear trees are starting to bloom. I never heard of these decorative trees before I moved to Georgia, so I don't know if they just grow well down here only or if they have now spread north. These grow naturally in an egg shape and in the spring are covered with white blossoms so they look like giant snowballs.

(I don't believe they are native to Georgia; I vaguely remember a local horticulturist complaining on a news show several years back about the Bradford pears overwhelming the native flowering trees, like the dogwood, and shrubs.)