Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, January 09, 2006
Well, That Wasn't Fun
I left work early to do an urgent errand; as I came off the exit and drove across the overpass, I heard a soft pop as if I had run over an inflated bag. As Tawny Madison said, "I know that sound. That's a bad sound." It was...I had a flat. I was annoyed by not being able to complete my errand, but not much put out, since when I bought my car I bought an extended warranty that includes 24-hour roadside service.

I was a bit more annoyed ten minutes later, when all I could get from the phone number was a Verizon Wireless ID and "all circuits are busy now." After ten minutes of this I called the general service number and explained to the service rep about my problem. She then tried contacting the roadside service and couldn't get them—because she was using the same phone number that I had just told her was out of service. After ten minutes, she told me she was sorry, but that she had no other way of contacting roadside assistance and I should just keep calling!

Holy cow, what if I hadn't been safe parked at the RaceTrac, but on a dark road somewhere? You mean they don't have a backup system? Or a way the service reps can contact roadside assistance via an alternate number? Bad planning, folks.

I finally called James, quipping "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope" and he rode to the rescue. (Incidentally I called roadside assistance for a total of an hour and fourteen minutes. No dice.)

Needless to say, I'm not too happy with my expensive roadside service contract right now...