Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Okayyyyyy
So I turned up on the doorstep of the car care place near our house (they're reasonably affordable, quick, polite and incredibly nice—these were the people who actually came to our house the morning my mother died, drove my car back to their shop, changed the oil, checked the tires, and otherwise made sure the car was roadworthy, and brought it back so we could drive up to Rhode Island, with no extra charge for the pickup and dropoff). They were able to fix the tire in about an hour. What was embedded in it was a 3-inch long piece of silver metal piping, probably about 1/4 inch diameter before it was flattened and became rusted. I have no clue how this thing, having been presumably lying flat on the roadway, actually got into the tire.

Anyway, I got to the post office and discovered that they don't close at 4:30, but stay open until six, so I didn't have to leave early (although with the state of traffic at an hour earlier when I left, I possibly might not have made it to the PO by six if I left work at 4:30), or use that particular route to get to the PO on time.

That's life.