Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, January 02, 2006
An Inauspicious Beginning to '06
Darned nasty and unusual weather here for January: into the 60s and humid, with cloudy, oppressive skies. It was merely depressing here, but more destructive east of town, where they had hail and high winds and tornado warnings, and trees down and roofs flying about.

James had to work, so I taped the Tournament of Roses Parade and went out and about. Stopped at Lenox Mall, which I hadn't been to in years. I remember why now: high priced stores with stuff I couldn't afford even if I wanted it. Went into Crate and Barrel and goggled at the prices. Noticed that a good deal of the parking space at the front of the mall has been taken up by something called "Near the Mall" and charges $3.00 to park! Pay to park at a mall? Bye-bye, guys...I'll shop online first.

Did find a simple book about playing keyboards, with a chord refresher, at Border's, but since I have a 30 off coupon for the end of the week, put off buying it.

My last stop was at Eckerd's for potassium tablets, since I've made a resolution to make sure to take my vitamins every day.

Since we went to see Narnia yesterday and then went out to Wild Wings with friends afterwards, we had our traditional New Year's dinner tonight: a slice of ham with potatoes. Now we can sit back and watch the [drenched] Rose Parade.

(Incidentally, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is fabulous—they did it correctly, with some differences that made the story more dramatic, but did not take away from the original. Mr. Tumnus, the faun, is quite sweet. Jack Lewis probably would be pleased.)