Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, January 10, 2006
From Another Location
I'm here blogging on James' computer because my video card has gone belly up. He's going to stop at Micro Center on the way home to see if they still sell PCI video cards (yes, my computer is such a dinosaur that I have a PCI video card—I have 72-pin memory, too...). If they don't, Fry's has them, but I'll have to wait until Friday to get one. There's too much traffic between Koger and Gwinnett Mall for me to go there during my lunch hour.

I'm dubbing off Little Ice Age, Big Chill and reading a book about America's "jubilee," the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, in 1826.

Later...well, we thought from the beep code that it was the video card. That's what research told James one long beep then three short ones meant for my motherboard. He picked a new video card and installed it. Still no picture and the one long beep and three short ones. He tried changing slots, no dice.