Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, January 05, 2006
The Back Porch
Thursday Threesome
::Hook 'em Horns!::

Onesome: Hook-- Just to get us back in the swing of things after the holidays: when you're at home, where do your keys hang out, on a hook by the door? ...or do they have a special place? ...or do you find them wherever they landed the last time you walked in ?

They're near the door, though security-wise that's not a good idea. I pretty much try to hang them up there because if I don't, God knows where I'll have to look for them. If it's coat weather, most often they will turn up in my pocket, but if I came in with a lot of things in my hands, they could be anywhere: on the end table, on the desk, on the kitchen table...

Twosome: 'em-- Do you use contractions like " 'em " in your daily conversations? ...or do people use a contraction or phrase that particularly bugs you past the point of rationality?

Sure, if I'm trying to be deliberately informal or cute. I guess "'tude" is annoying...but then Pidgie has a "'tude" and the word fits him. :-)

Threesome: Horns-- On the Horns of a dilemma: if you had only one movie you could nominate for the Academy Awards for 2005, which would it be? ...and why? The screenplay? ...the lead player(s)? ...the setting?

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe of course, for special effects. (Well, except for one scene; after Aslan's sacrifice, there is a shot from above—his hind feet are positioned so it looks like he is standing on something solid, not lying limp on his right side on the Stone Table; I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but I found it very distracting and can't believe they did all these wonderful other SFX and missed these few frames.)