Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, December 22, 2005
Thursday Threesome

::Daily Ups and Downs::


Onesome: Daily-- Do you have a daily routine you've fallen into this Christmas? ...baking in the morning, shopping in the afternoon? ...checking your list (twice) and then trying to find that certain something at lunch? ...checking the shippers to make sure everything is on the way? ...making sure you don't miss a day with your Advent calendar?

Baking? Shopping? I have to work and am away from home about 12 hours a day. No time for either. Finished shopping several weeks ago. Must wrap tonight, although we won't see James' family till New Year's Eve (his mom is working Christmas Eve and Christmas; she's a nurse's aide). Maybe they'll let us out an hour early Friday and I can bake. {Pipe dreams...}

Twosome: Ups and-- USPS and DHL and FedEx? How's the inbound traffic this year? Are you receiving more from on line stores than you have in the past? (Oh, and a word to the gang on this: Amazon's "SuperSaver Shipping" is using a sequence of Airborne to the USPS to the recipient, targeting deliveries for Friday the twenty-third. Heads up tomorrow for inbound reindeer!)

Did my last Amazon order about a month ago. Not ordering anything else unless it's a Really Great Bargain until after we move. Mailed my two packages last Friday. The other one I forgot and the recipient said to wait until after New Year when he gets home.

Threesome: Downs-- ..de' hatch? What are your thoughts on eggnog now that it's that time of year? ...and sure, unleadeed or with the traditional added 'kick'. It seems no one is fence-sitting on this holiday drink; people either seem to like it or loath it. How about you?

James gets his eggnog in the carton (the Carb Smart stuff) and then cuts it with skim milk. I think it's still too thick and sweet. My mom used to make me an eggnog every morning for breakfast because I wouldn't eat eggs "straight." I drool at the thought. Haven't had one in years because of this salmonella thing. I'm told you can use pasteurized eggs but I've never seen them in any store around here.

Does it strike you as absolutely insane that here we are in the "future" with more advances in sanitary procedures than ever, but 40 years ago one could eat a raw egg from the farm safely and now we can't??????