Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, December 15, 2005
Thursday Threesome

::Candy Canes and Peppermint Sticks::


Onesome: Candy canes-- Treat of the Christmas season or something you just never got into? (Oh, and "traditional" or with green stripes for the aficionados out there ?)

Oh, I love candy canes, but the minis are about all I can eat, unless I want to be working on candy-cane into the next day. I bet spearmint candy canes would be wonderful; I love spearmint. That used to be my favorite kind of gum.

They are also good crunched up and added to chocolate cake mix!

Twosome: and Peppermint-- or cinnamon scented candles and such? Which do you prefer when you walk into a home or business this time of year? ...or maybe even fresh evergreen from a real tree?

Evergreen smell would be the best, but I'm allergic to real trees. I keep apple and cinnamon air freshner in the kitchen all the time, so I guess cinnamon. Peppermint is nice, too. Anything fall-scented or winter-scented I like (and lilacs).

Threesome: sticks-- ..or schtick? ..or even maybe kitsch? Yeah, what is your most un-favorite piece of Christmastime memorabilia? That display at the hardware store? The "Simpsons Nativity"? That ornament you made in third grade that still ends up on the tree each year? Inquiring minds and all that...

I don't keep anything that's an "un-favorite" piece. Life's too short to look at ugly of anything.