Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, December 29, 2005
Sounds of Silence
It's been very quiet here at work this week, but then I expected it to be. I sent a couple of orders out, but haven't been able to get a lot of other work done because everyone else is on leave and I need things like quotations and justifications and folks just aren't responding. I think there's only about six people on this side of the hall with me anyway. It's the time of year when everyone uses up their use or lose annual leave; in years past I've been one of them. Oh, well. I've caught up on my filing and cleaned off my desk a bit and sorted my mail and that's about it. Still playing my Christmas music and will until next Friday, when it will be time to put the CDs away and pack them.

Traffic has been nowhere as quiet as I expected. Usually it's deadsville because the kids are out and people take off to be with their kids or to go away for Christmas and New Year's. The traffic is thinner this week, but was still backed up yesterday, where in years' past the whole week has been quiet. Really speaks of the increase in population here.