Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, December 19, 2005
Monday Madness

1. Name 1 toy you owned when you were younger, that meant a lot to you.

Oh, gosh. There were a couple of stuffed dogs—Fifi, the grey stuffed poodle, and another dog that was actually a poodle but whom I named "Little Lassie" (you can see what my favorite TV was) and then renamed "Fang" after the dog in Get Smart. I used to tell them all my secrets (a lot of little girs do this with their dolls; I always hated dolls). I also had a "dobby horse," a stick horse named "Whinney" that I was very fond of. My mom tried to throw it out when I got older and said I was too old to ride a stick horse. I hid him behind the bush in our yard and used to go visit him.

2. Name 2 games you enjoyed playing as a child.

"Chutes and Ladders" and the children's version of "Scrabble" with the pictures on the different letters. Or did you mean outdoor games? Tag. Tag was my favorite game in the world; I loved to run.

3. Name 3 foods you didn't like as a child, but do now.

Man, I can't think of anything...cheese, I guess. I wouldn't eat cheese at all as a child. Now I will eat grilled cheese sandwiches and sharp cheddar and cheese spread and put romano cheese on my spaghetti and on my chicken soup. I still don't like it on salads or in most other foods.

I didn't used to like meat loaf or pot roast, but James can make them so I like to eat them. I'd still rather have "real" beef, though.

4. Name 4 foods you didn't like as a child, and still don't like.

Now, that's easy. Spinach, fish, eggs, and casseroles (ugh...cheese and mushy peas...).