Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, December 11, 2005
Birthday Festivities
Still not up to speed here; I seem to be experiencing half the side effects of the antibiotic...not fun or conducive to sleeping. However, the Pepto Bismol and cheese is helping to keep it at bay.

After a brief dash to the house (see pics), we drove out to Stone Mountain Park for the Atlanta Radio Theatre Company's annual performance of "An Atlanta Christmas." The friend I had had the nightmare about was there and I felt better talking to her; she's still not well, but they are figuring out what is wrong with her and she's at least able to go out, although she is still very tired.

It was the usual program of Christmas skits, plus a couple of new ones, including the funny "Zen Santa" and a spoof of driving on the ice (featuring the couple from my favorite story, "Are You Lonely Tonight?"). They got to do "USO Christmas" this year, and of course we laughed through the standards about the Christmas pageant and the mall Santa, and sat thoughtfully during "O Tannenbaum," a story set during the Christmas truce of World War I.

We came home for a quiet supper and then my final birthday treat: watching The Homecoming: A Christmas Story.