Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, November 17, 2005
Thursday Threesome

::Where's the Server?::

Onesome: Where's-- the main event for you and yours next Thursday? Are you staying in? ...or are you doing the "Over the river and through the woods" thing?

Dunno. We haven't received any invitations, so we'll probably go out. We always did that when I was a kid. Unfortunately you can't find anywhere anymore that actually serves a whole turkey; they just do...ugh...breast meat. (I miss the Roast House...) We won't go to Piccadilly, though; the one time we went there the meal was blah. I'd love to go to the Colonnade but there's probably a line out the door!

Twosome: the-- main course? If you had your way, what would be on your plate as you sat down for a Thanksgiving meal?

Turkey! All dark meat! Lots of giblet gravy! Just potatoes like we have them during the week, Yukon Golds, cut into bits, cooked until soft, with a little bit of margarine. Maple-flavored carrots and butternut "squish." Pumpkin bread from Bob Evans (ah, I wish) or pumpkin pie for dessert.

(You know last year when we were up in RI for Thanksgiving, we could not find a squash pie anywhere? I was so disappointed.

Come to think of it, we ought to go to Starbuck's. I remember they had pumpkin bread last year that was almost as good as the Bob Evans stuff. I remember getting some at Harvard Square last year with the gift card that one of my vendors gave me [it's okay; it was under $20]. Of course James and I ended up feeding about a quarter of it to the sparrows!

James is going to try making the Krusteaz pumpkin bread mix again tomorrow to take to Hair Day, but this time with pumpkin puree. The mix tastes very pumpkin-y before you bake it, but the pumpkin taste seems to dissipate once it's baked. It still tastes great, but like a spice cake, not pumpkin bread.)

Threesome: Server?-- Who is the main server at your get together? Does one person run the show? ...or do several people work together? Students: do you even get to go somewhere?

When we have parties we usually just do buffet style. James is the cook. I hate cooking. I will bake at Christmas.