Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, November 24, 2005
Happy Thanksgiving!
This is a screen grab of Ray Billingsly's "Curtis" strip for today, since the link won't last through tomorrow. I copy it only because it's important to remember in days to come, not just today.

Curtis comic strip by Ray Billingsly 11-24-2005

I give thanks for my friends
I give thanks for my relatives
I give thanks for my godmother
I give thanks for my husband, who's a saint sometimes
I give thanks for our budgie, who makes me laugh
I give thanks for our dog, who is a lesson in love and devotion
I give thanks for our home
I give thanks for my books, which set my mind free
I give thanks to God for my friends and relatives, husband and pets, who helped me through the challenges of 2005.

And I thank God for having a wonderful father for 30 years and a wonderful mother for nearly fifty. There is not one day when I don't miss you both.

Love you all.