Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, November 16, 2005
DVD Transfer Diary
I'm starting to run out of gas for this effort, but I still have some things I really want to keep, like Harvey, Balto, "a Merry Garry Christmas," and the like. I think I'm down to about 40 tapes (and some of them have only little bits of things on them, like Rupert Holmes' appearance on CBS Sunday Morning), which is wonderful considering how many I started with! I also still have The Century to do, and am considering just keeping the Blake's 7 tapes (even if one of them is slightly damaged) until I figure out if I can afford to buy the Region 2 versions (or if I hold my breath for an American release).

Anyway, I have copied off:
  • Journey into the Unknown, a Museum of Television and Radio special about science fiction on television
  • Trekkies
  • the other three Lassie movies that aren't on DVD, Hills of Home, The Sun Comes Up, Challenge to Lassie