Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, November 09, 2005
DVD Transfer Diary
Finished up the first two seasons of Red Dwarf last night. Again, this is another show that's on professional DVD, but I don't feel the need to get the "bells and whistles" pro version. As for the later series—I dunno. GPTV showed several of them, but I recall I didn't tape them after a while because they became increasingly bizarre and I didn't enjoy the "Starbug" episodes all that much.

I need to finish up my Christmas stuff; I think all I have left are the two Christmas Carols, George C. Scott's and Patrick Stewart's. But I never know; I keep finding things I didn't label on the later tapes, like Christmas; Behind the Traditions. Oh, and there's still "A Merry Garry Christmas," a nostalgic note back from when GSN actually showed old game shows rather than boring poker tournaments (sorry, Brent). It's four Christmas-oriented segments of the old I've Got A Secret, with Garry Moore, Bill Cullen, Betsy Palmer, and the rest of the gang, from the much-missed "Sunday Night in Black and White" programming they used to do.

(Betsy Palmer was at Dragoncon this year due to her appearance in some horror movies I've never heard of, but I just peered, delighted, at her and whispered to James, "Look, it's Betsy Palmer from I've Got a Secret." It's how I'll always remember her.)