Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, November 05, 2005
Cute and Fun Things
Between the errands we went on today, we went to the hobby shop. One of the guys there, Elton, used to have a Boston terrier named Blackie ("Boston Blackie," get it?). Blackie died of old age a few months back. Two weeks ago James came home with the news that Elton had a new Boston, named Rocky.

Got to see him today: utterly adorable. He's about ten weeks old, I think. At first he was sitting shyly in Elton's arms, then he started exploring the platform he was on. Just "awwww" altogether.

We had to run over to Trellis Oaks (check out Autumn Hollow—they've started putting in the forms), then we took a swing by the Buckhead Borders store because a book James wanted was there and we had the 30 percent off coupon. I was happy; I found a copy of the October issue of Best of British. Haven't seen one since July in RI.

Then we went to Ikea for supper. :-) Well, yeah, we looked at the furniture and stuff, too. They are decorated for Christmas and you can purchase some traditional Swedish Christmas decorations, including reproduction straw ornaments and red-painted wooden hearts, and also the Julbok, the Christmas goat.

When we got home we finally got to see Revenge of the Sith; we missed it when Mom was sick. Not bad. George Lucas still can't write romantic dialog for beans; when Anakin and Padmè are telling each other how much they love each other, all I could think about was the Remember WENN episode "I Now Pronounce You Man and Wife" where Hilary and Jeff get treacly with each other after his brush with death and are cooing to each other "I bet I love you more than you love me."