Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, November 10, 2005
Blogging Keeps You Young, Perhaps?
Senior Citizen Bloggers Defy Stereotypes

My dad had always urged me to "get into computers" for future employment; he thought they were the "coming thing" even back in the 1960s when they still filled a room and used punch cards and you had to be good in math to be considered to use them. Mom wasn't a technophobe, but she never understood why I suddenly got into this new technology. (LOL. Maybe because by then it had to do with words and not with numbers and punch cards.) Anyway, for the last year or so she had been thawing and saying she wished she knew how to use a computer. We offered to buy her one and show her what to do (heck, I would have paid for her internet access if she wanted to do it), but she kept turning us down and I wasn't going to force it on her. Mom didn't like to have things forced on her.

So I wonder reading this article if she might have enjoyed blogging about something: her favorite movies, maybe, or flowers, or just memories...