Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, October 05, 2005
"Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me..."
James always says he doesn't need to keep an address book or a day planner...he has me. :-) I guess this means husbands would rather get married than take social notes.

Anyway, I was paging through Mom's AARP magazine and found this poem by Judith Viorst at the very end. This sounds sooooooo familiar:

Why Marriage Was Invented

We're on our way to the party, our speed decreased
Because we can't remember out hostess's name.
I say it has three syllables at least.
He says it's like a boy's, but not the same.

I say it rhymes with "skirt" and starts with "R."
He says it ends with "a" and not with "t."
And just before we've finally parked the car,
We reach "Roberta" simultaneously.

In our long years together we have shared
One family and one life of joy and pain,
Not knowing that we've slowly been prepared
To--fifty/fifty--also share one brain.