Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Tuesday Twosome

1. When was the last time you cried during a movie? When was the last time you laughed out loud during a movie?

Movie? Oh, yeah, those things you play on DVD. Cried I don't remember. I laughed yesterday during 23 Paces to Baker Street. Mostly this is a dramatic mystery, but there's one wonderful scene where Bob returns sopping wet after following Alice MacDonald and reads his notes, pointedly commenting all the time about the rain.

2. Have you ever been in a car accident? Have you ever witnessed a car accident?

Yes, three times, and none of the times my fault, although I got a ticket for failing to yield right of way on the second one. It's hard to yield right of way in the dark to someone you didn't see coming because they didn't have their lights on.
I'm sure I've probably witnessed more than one, but the one I remember was on I-75 North many years ago. There was already an accident pulled over on the left shoulder and everyone was slowing down to gawp since the road wasn't blocked. I was checking my rear-view mirror just in time to see one of the gawpers rear-end someone else because he was so busy looking at the accident.

3. What is your favourite sport to play? What is your favourite sport to watch?

I like to play miniature golf. :-)
I like to watch dog agility trials and horse jumping.

4. How would you describe yourself? How would others describe you?

Too fat and too retiring and stubborn for my own good.
And beats me about the other; I hope it's something more positive.

5. What is your greatest strength? What is your greatest weakness?

I can write well (most of the time).
I give up too easily and am shy in front of strangers.