Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, October 27, 2005
Thursday Threesome

::Painted Garden Gnomes::


Onesome: Painted-- Hey! Are you getting all painted up on Monday and going out and about? What are you dressing up as? ...or are you staying home and handing out goodies? ...or sitting in the dark and wishing they would all just go away? Come on <g>!

When we lived in the apartment we used to shut off all the lights and watch a movie and ignore it. Since we’ve had the house I do do trick or treat, but I get so bored upstairs, even listening to The Shadow, while James is downstairs with “der kinder.” I’m not much into Hallowe’en anyway, although I do have a costume of sorts now: I wear my black sweats, white sneakers, white Confirmation gloves, and put on a black and white cat mask—voila, “jellicle cat.” But it has to be cool to wear this outfit. I’m crossing fingers that it’s only going to be in the low 60s during the day and then drop the moment it gets dark; then I can wear it while doing treats and also to work. Heck, it’s only finally gotten cool enough at work for me to turn off my fan…

Twosome: Garden-- In the garden of your mind, where do you go to relax for a few moments? Off to the beach? ...to the mountains? ...to a different world? ...or maybe a stroll though an old Victorian landscape?

Oh…Lake George sometimes…but mostly Newport on a fall blustery day when the tourists have skipped town…

Threesome: Gnomes-- Okay, we have to know: what do you think about garden gnomes and pink flamingos and such? I mean other than there seems to be a local ordinance that you have to have at least one or the other in your front yard if you live in South Florida?

LOL. I like the gnome on the commercial. I don’t like flamingos or anything that looks tropical. I noticed my godmother had some cute little statues in her front yard. I wouldn’t have cherubs—too cutesy but I’d love to have a pair of little birds or a little dog. (James wants the dog backside and I think it’s cute too: it’s a statue that looks like a little terrier is digging a hole in your garden and all you see is his hind end.) Or maybe a “Nessie.”