Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, October 06, 2005
Thursday Threesome

::Humming Dragonfly Search::


Onesome: Humming-- Humming a little tune are we? Do you have any new musical finds to share with the group? ...or how about an oldie you wished you could find to add to your collection?

No, I don't buy new music that often, except at Christmastime. Revels has a new CD out this year of Irish and Scottish holiday music. I'd love a CD of more of Lou Monte's funny songs, although I did manage to find an .mp3 of "What Did Washington Say When He Crossed the Delaware."

Twosome: Dragonfly-- Do you have dragonflies where you live? If so, are there any local names you've heard of for them rather than the 'western classic'?

I don't know what they call them around here. At home we used to call them "sewing needles" and the big kids used to tell the little kids that's because if they caught you they would sew your lips up.

Threesome: Search-- Quick! What was the last thing you searched for on the Net? (...or around the house if you've been holding back here <g>. )

I think it was reviews about Phoenix and Ashes, which I was reading at the time.