Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, October 13, 2005
Thursday Threesome

::County Library System::


Onesome: County-- The wild card for today: Do you know approximately how many people live in your county? It used to be that information was only available at the library; I'm betting most of us will be looking it up on the net!

Hmmn. The realtor web site I found says 457,000. It's a lot. I believe Cobb County has had the largest growth rate in the area for several years now.

Twosome: Library-- Do you use the library system where you live? ...or are you one of those who has to own the book (and can afford to)? Students: how good is your school library? ...and do use it or the net for most things?

Yes, I use the library all the time: sometimes for older books, many times for books I want to read but don't necessarily want to own. I have also "test driven" books at the library and bought them later.

Threesome: System-- Hey, what system do you use to store/keep track of your books and music and whatever it is that tends to outgrow its living area? Do you alphabetize? ...sort by color? ...genre?

This is embarrassing, because all my books used to be strictly alphabetized or at least categorized, even the paperbacks, but now there are too many in most cases, since the books are now resting two deep on some shelves. My St. Nicholas bound volumes are in chronological order. My Christmas books are in order by height in order to fit on the three different sized shelves they are on (one shelf has mostly paperbacks and small books and is two deep). Our humor books are alphabetized by author. The television books I have about specific programs are alphabetized by series title. I try to keep the linguistics books separate from the plain reference books, but they're squirming on each other's territory. With some it's just easier to do it by size since you don't have to have all tall shelves for things like The Century and the Reader's Digest coffee-table sized history books; just put them on one shelf and the smaller books on another.