Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, October 16, 2005
Hurrah! It's Cool!
I was cold last night! How lovely! We've had the windows open all day and the attic fan going in the afternoon when it got warmer. It was a much better day than yesterday: I don't know if it was the tuna salad sandwich at Baldino's or if I had something coming on, but I was sick most of the evening and finally fell asleep on the sofa for a few hours before going on chat. My tummy was still upset today, but we did get some things done: I now have a copy of Super Scrabble which I got on discount at Media Play (for triple points!). Anyone play this yet? It's a larger Scrabble board with quadruple word and letter score squares, 200 tiles instead of 100, and 441 squares rather than 225.

We did have a frustrating bit: the Walgreens flyer advertised they had two different types of trays on sale, the regular sort of fold-up tray table, and what they call a sofa server. This has long legs on an L-shape rather than crossways so the tray can go right over your chair or whatever you're seated on. We've been wanting a couple of these for ages. But we went to three different Walgreens around us and not one of them had the sofa server. In fact, only one of them even had the folding tray tables, and then it was just two up on a high shelf almost out of sight. We talked to the manager at one place and he said he'd never had such a thing in stock and they had never been shipped to them even for the sale! I wrote Walgreens a rather perturbed e-mail.

Sprayed around the doors before supper and oh, Lord, despite all that nice cool air out there, I came in dripping wet and covered with mosquito bites. I wish we could find someone to rake out the yard! Just raking the leaves back from the back steps makes my back cramp.

For supper we had beef strips and veggies and watched the new restored version of McLintock! Much fun, and I enjoyed the little features afterwards. God bless Maureen O'Hara, she still looks strong and well, and her Irish burr comes out occasionally and sounds lovely.