Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, October 09, 2005
Cool Enough to Move
It was one of those grey, drizzly days that most people hate. I would have preferred it just be cool, but it was at least nice: we could bring the groceries in and put them up without being soaking wet and lightheaded from the heat. (I've got hot flashes to do that for me.) We had bought an inexpensive open set of three shelves that we plan to use for the printer and the scanner and brought it to the storage shed. I hate seeing my furniture in there. Hope I can get it out soon. (It's a pretty reddish color called "red maple." I don't see furniture that color any longer, but it was very fashionable in the late 50s. It has a big maple leaf etched into the side of the bureau drawer that says "made in Vermont"; I did some research on it and it came from Ethan Allen. My folks made sure it would last!)

We found boneless pork ribs at Sam's, so we had them crockpotted for supper in teriyaki and honey sauce. We spotted a box of Krusteaz pumpkin spice quick bread mix there and bought it. It'll soon be time to use it.

Speaking of fall, there's a new post in Holiday Harbour.