Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Tuesday Twosome

Natural disasters...

1. Is your town/city/state prone to natural disaster(s) and if so, what?


Tornadoes are prevalent here. We've had the tornado alarm go off many times, but have been lucky till this point. The trouble with natural disasters is you never know.

2. Have you ever been affected by a natural disaster and if so, what?

Lived through Hurricane Donna in 1963. No power for three days and we had shingles come off the roof (I think that was when the chimney cracked; you can still see the crack to this day). I missed milk and Lassie the most.

3. What are two things about a natural disaster that worry you the most?

The danger to people and animals I love and the predeliction for some people, when things get bad, to go berserk.

4. If you lost all your personal belongings, what would you do and where would you go?

I'd have to stay put, wouldn't I, and go back to work?

5. What are the two most important things you would take if you had to leave your home?

Willow and Pidge, of course. After that the photos. And then the books if we could get them out.