Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, September 08, 2005
Thursday Threesome

::Reading, Writing and Aritmetic::


Onesome- Reading: What's on your reading list this fall? Are you one of those people that has a stack of books waiting to be read on your nightstand? Or do you prefer to savor one read at a time?

Actually, the stacks of books end up on the back of the sofa. I always have books waiting in the wings. One book I am waiting for this fall is the next Laurien Berenson mystery, Jingle Bell Bark in paperback. It was supposed to be out in August, but got pushed back to October. I'm also looking forward to this year's Thanksgiving and Christmas Ideals, and would like to get out a couple more library books, including The Children's Blizzard.

Twosome- Writing: Do you write letters anymore? Or do you prefer the ease of e-mail? Do you keep up with your correspondence? And what's your stance on writing thank-you notes?

Sigh. I've got a bunch of thank you notes to go out and I really shouldn't tarry on them. But it's finding the minutes to write a meaningful one that I don't seem to be able to do. It just hurts too much to think about this summer anymore.

Threesome- Arithmatic: What school subject did you do the best in? Which was your worst subject? Which subject did you like the best?

I always hated math, but did okay in it until we got to Algebra. I knew the formulas, but they never did come out properly for me. Conversely, I loved plane geometry. Of course Mrs. Monaghan was a great teacher, too. Wonder whatever happened to her? The baby she was expecting in 1973 would be almost 32 now. My favorite subjects were always English and history (and geography, when we had it—I took geography in college as well; always wondered what it would be like to be a cartographer—I'm sure they do all that on computer now).