Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, September 29, 2005
Thursday Threesome

::Little Lost Sheep::


Onesome: Little-- by little we work our way through the week. Do you have anything fun coming up this weekend or in the next week? ...or maybe you're ready for a little relaxation?

It’s time for our monthly visit to WallyWorld. We need chicken broth and oatmeal and a dozen other things that are cheapest there. We’re also going to some kind of incentive event they’re having at the housing development. Supposedly they are offering $2000 worth of furniture from Rooms to Go. We really don’t want to patronize RTG since they treated one of our friends who worked there very shabbily. The agent suggested maybe they would change it to Ikea? $2000 at Ikea would give us all the bookcases we needed, a new bedstead, the china cabinet, and the buffet.

Twosome: Lost-- Do you get lost easily? ...or are you one of those people who always seems to know where they are?

I wouldn’t say easily, but I have been lost. If I know in which direction I’m supposed to be going, I will follow the sun, and now I have a compass in my car, too. If I’m really lost I’ll stop at a fire station. If the firefighters don’t know where things are, people are in trouble.

Threesome: Sheep-- ...and goats and rabbits and, and, and: What is the favorite critter you look forward to seeing at the petting zoo (if you're a fair goer)? ...and if not, well, which one would just as soon not run across on a walk around the block? I mean, if you were the type who walked around the block and the farm animals escaped from Farmer John's truck on his way to the Fair...

I don’t go to fairs, but I like sheep (although I’d take care with a ram) and the little Toggenburg goats are cute. The animal I wouldn’t want to run into if he were loose would be a bull. Mary O’Hara says in one of her books that the most dangerous animal in the country is a purebred dairy bull.