Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, September 18, 2005
So Here I Sit...
...waiting to see if Hugh Laurie will win the Emmy he so richly deserves. Egads. What was that opening song? I went to put some books away so I wouldn't have to hear it. And as much as I enjoy Ellen DeGeneres' talk show, her opening routine was pretty dull.

We did go to Ikea, and got James a very simple floor lamp so he can read in his recliner. (We got silver.) We also picked up more Swedish meatballs and drooled over the Billy bookcases again.

We went to a Blue Ribbon Affair, the small craft show at Jim Miller Park, before heading downtown. The Ginny's guy told us they had 25 percent fewer attendees at the Yellow Daisy Festival this year after we remarked that there weren't as many vendors at BRA this year; there was no one out on the grass as there had been in previous years. We did notice, as I commented, that there were several regular vendors who didn't show up at Yellow Daisy; wonder if they were from southern Louisiana, Mississippi, or Alabama?