Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, September 17, 2005
Saturday
There's a Brooklyn Bridge ep by that name; thought it was an appropriate header since I finished dubbing off that series today. Also dubbed off Brian's Song (the real one, not the remake—although, okay, I hear the remake wasn't bad). (Now I'm doing The Star Trek Saga: From One Generation to the Next, on the same disk with my two favorite Deep Space Nine eps, "Trials and Tribble-ations" and "Our Man Bashir.")

Flitted many places today: Barnes & Noble for Quick & Easy (cross stitch mag from England), Petco for more bird toys for Pidge (his keep getting stepped on), JoAnn for some scrapbook refills (hopefully if we move somewhere, I'll have a room of my own to do crafts in, like James' hobby room, and I can try to make some order of all these pictures), Costco for soy isoflavones (they're the only ones who have big bottles at 50mg doses) and gas (2.449/gallon), Home Depot for a new touch-lamp gadget (we found one at Lowe's, but it had a timer on it which made it freaky; it kept using the timer feature without us turning it on and kept coming on by itself in the middle of the night), Food Depot for more oatmeal, the cleaner for James' shirts. And then I had to vacuum. But first I finished with Brooklyn Bridge. Found myself in tears after the episode about Sophie's cousin Jacob, played by Joel Grey, who lost his wife and two sons to concentration camps (he himself was in Treblinka) and also when Mr. Monaghan relented in the episode where Colleen found out she was pregnant.

Had supper at Spaghetti Warehouse because we had a coupon. We kinda got derailed using our Entertainment coupon book this summer, and we want to use more before the book expires (November ). Still have lots of miniature golf coupons, but it's still too darn hot to go outside to play golf.

In the middle of one side of the Spaghetti Warehouse floor, there's a trolley you can eat in. Neither of us can tell if it's a real, decommissioned trolley or one built for this sort of restaurant, but we like to eat in it. I thought of George and Phyllis riding the trolley, way back in World War II...