Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, September 23, 2005
From One Extreme to the Other
Today has been totally frustrating and totally good at the same time.

I planned my errands today to use the least gas and started out at Border's to pick up Revenge of Anguished English—except that the coupon which has been in my car since last Saturday and which I saw yesterday...was gone. I hunted all over the car. How annoying. I skipped Borders (found another copy at a Borders near where we'll have supper tonight and printed out another coupon when I got home) and went on to Michael's. After a two-month's search, I finally found an appropriately autumn-ish vase for the Chinese lanterns and cattails I bought up in Rhode Island. There were 50 percent off coupons this week, which I appreciate with the vase.

Nothing else remarkable except I stopped at a new store called Rowan's at the Town and Country Shopping Center on Roswell Road; they have used and remaindered books, DVDs, music, and some other stuff on the other side of the stores that I didn't even look at. They had Elizabeth Peters' latest Amelia Peabody book for $5. Cool.

When I got home, the corrected death certificates were finally in the mail. I got all the documents together that I needed to send besides them, and then went crazy looking for the right address. I knew I had seen it just recently. I finally called and left a message, and calmed myself down—and then realized the address was on the appraisal. DUH. So that's in the mail with delivery confirmation and insurance.

I kept one certificate to send in to the insurance company which with my mom had a policy that we didn't know about. Not much of a claim but it will help shore up my depleted savings account a little. Filled it out...felt kinda funny writing my mom's name all those times. I still have dreams about her.

When I was making out the envelope I noticed it was going to Houston. I guess there's no use in sending that one priority mail. I hope Rita is kinder to Port Arthur than Katrina was to New Orleans (although Rita's rain has already flooded the Big Easy again). It's just a hurricane year...