Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, September 20, 2005
DVD Transfer Diary
The Punky Brewster episode about "Challenger," guest starring Buzz Aldrin and a short interview with Elya Baskin from PM Magazine (whatever happened to Elya Baskin; you used to see him everywhere). And the television version of The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy (yes, I know it's on DVD but I don't like it that much; my favorite version is the original radio show, which I taped off WGBH). I need something humorous and SF-themed to finish that disc—will probably stick "Hardware Wars" on it since I didn't have room for it on the other disk with the Star Wars material on it.

I must start finishing some of these DVDs! There is a double pile of them on the coffee table. I have several tapes, too, with just a few minutes of stuff left to come off, like the Sylvester McCoy interview from Noonday. But I'm trying to keep material together with like material, which means I have to copy off the two McCoy Dr. Who stories before I can pop Sylvester somewhere.

If you look at my video list it seems I don't have as much to do as it does if you look at the video cabinet because of these dribs and drabs I'm trying to categorize. Dr. Who is scattered everywhere, and some of them are interrupted with GPTV fundraising I want to keep because our friends are answering phones (heck, there's a couple with James and I answering phones). The four other Voyagers! eps (I've already dubbed off "Merry Christmas, Bogg") are on three different tapes. I'm keeping movies like It's a Dog's Life, and not dubbing them off because TCM will be re-showing them soon in letterbox format.

Ah, wouldn't it be nice if this would be the most trouble I ever have...