Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, August 19, 2005
Well, We Made It
The day was fine until late this afternoon. I drove until lunchtime, then we picked up food at Wendy's and drove to the South Carolina Welcome Center to eat it.

As James drove in the afternoon, I wasn't feeling very well. I had a headache and was a bit queasy. Finally, we arrived in Anderson, SC, and stopped at the Russell Stover outlet to get more sugarless candies. I went in to make my selections and as I was waiting to get an indulgence, a quarter pound of dark-chocolate coated orange creams, I started getting a bellyache.

Not to go into hideous details, I had the runs and nausea and a headache that would kill a horse. I was in the bathroom about 20 minutes. James made his selections, then we headed south, after I'd taken both Pepto Bismol and two extra strength Tylenol. It had gotten overcast and started to drizzle and/or spatter, and when we were closer to downtown we...all together now...ran into traffic because it poured.

We were just north of Suwannee when it all started again. We stopped at a QT station and I was stuck in there 20 minutes, came out to let James use the bathroom, and had to call him to come back because I needed to go again. I gobbled more Pepto Bismols and felt ill the rest of the way home.

It is good to be back, even though I found what looked like little worms in the master bath toilet (???? maybe fly larvae, as we seem to have these little flies in that bathroom all the time; they are not houseflies, but little flying creatures that look like a child's drawing of a fly) and there are dead bugs in corners of rooms without carpeting.

We have both had showers (oh, that feels good! it's so nice to have the shower massage to be able to direct water to certain parts!), unpacked the suitcases, started a load of laundry, sorted the mail and looked at the condolence cards (ahem! thank you, Rodney!), discovered with some delight that we have not missed the computer show at the Cobb County Civic Center, and ordered Chinese food. Pidge has gone crazy flying around the den, and darn, the television is so big and bright.

I haven't checked to see yet if Robin and Marian and The Prisoner of Zenda recorded properly.