Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, August 13, 2005
We Set a Record
98°F was the previous record for today, set in the 1940s. 100°F is now the new one. I'm so glad I was here for it.

Not!

Meanwhile, as we sit here with three fans blowing hot, steamy air on us, the news is broadcast that there is no air conditioning at the prison. My heart bleeds.

Also not.

We had an absolutely yummy dinner with my cousins Donna and Steve: antipasto, lasagna, and two kinds of pie. It was nice and cool there and we almost took the critters with us; but we figured the shock of the hot to the cool and then back again would not be good for Pidgie. So we left them in the kitchen (shady side of the house) with two window fans, the floor fan, and the ceiling fan and the radio playing for Pidge.

Oh, we saw the neatest thing on the way home: the half moon. It is so hazy that what is showing is the same color as a new penny.