Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, August 30, 2005
Sirius Redux
I thought when I got the satellite radio that my favorite station would be Radio Classics, or Swing Street, or maybe 60's Vibrations, the latter which we play sometimes in the evenings (Dish Network picks up the Sirius music channels).

I do love both Radio Classics and Swing Street, but I find myself most often on Standard Time, which plays all the music I grew up with: Perry Como, Bing Crosby, Robert Goulet, Dean Martin, Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme, Frank Sinatra...Jerry Vale and Al Martino may be in there, too, but I haven't heard them. Plus folks like Patti Page, Rosemary Clooney, Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, Judy Garland...great stuff. (There's too much Sinatra, but what the hell.)

Their traffic reports aren't bad, either. Every four minutes, alternating with Boston. I not only know what's coming up for me, but I can envision all the places delayed in Boston. ("Egads! Not another accident in the Callahan Tunnel...")

Lately I've been amusing myself by listening to Jerry Doyle on the way home, too.