Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, August 14, 2005
Seduced by the Sirius Side of the Force
Jerry did it to us. :-)

Actually, it was BJs; we went back there for pants and James noticed a Sirius universal kit with a car mount, home mount, antenna, and power source for both home and car. The unit itself, an XAct "Stream Jockey," is about the size of a PDA. It was not only a better price than I'd ever seen at Circuit City or Best Buy or Fry's, but there was a $30 rebate on it as well. I thought of the trip home, although we have a bunch of radio shows with us, and grabbed one.

Then James grabbed one, too.

We already have them activated and now have to install mine on my car. I found to my delight that it has a traffic and weather report on it, and it reports every four minutes. Ironically, Atlanta shares the same broadcast band with Boston. Oh, good, now I don't have to listen to Kim Petersen just to get the traffic report! Most of the time "The Kimmer" is acceptable only in small doses.