Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, August 21, 2005
Not Running On All Cylinders
I wish I had a week to rest. I'm exhausted. Plus last night I had a very active dream—I think I still believed that we were back at my Mom's house sleeping on the mattresses on the floor, because I was looking for something in the dream and ended up taking a header off the bed. This wouldn't be so bad except our bed is at least 28 inches off the floor. I guess the carpeting I hate so much came in handy this time. My right wrist still hurts a little when I type, but everything else seems to be okay. I'm still very sleepy, though, and still have a rash and elimination problems. Times like these I believe I'm going crazy. I hear this is common during menopause. Oy.

I said the hell with it and cranked the thermostat down to 70°F like I said I would. We are nice and cool now, after a tiring trip to WalMart for staples and a disappointing visit to the computer show at the Civic Center. Only the bottom level was in use. I remember last year we swore we would not go to the summer shows, especially the August one, anymore; they are sparsely stocked.

I am seriously in the market for a new computer. James said he can build me a new one so it will fit into my old desktop case; otherwise the CPU will have to go on the floor and it's dusty being near the entry door, so I don't know if I want it to be down there. I want to be able to play DVDs properly and not get the occasional blue screens of death when I have several windows open, especially when I'm running graphics software. "Victor" is an old computer, not even a Pentium II, I believe. James bought a new processor for it, but that only cranked it up to about 375MHz and I don't even have 256 in memory.