Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, August 25, 2005
A New Home
The rest of our stuff is here; it arrived this morning and is in the storage room now. I took the boxes with the coats and the new pants home, and the records and the books/DVDs are in my car because they are too heavy to lift. I had them put the photographs box aside, but then it mistakenly got put back in the room; we have to go fetch it. I'd like my scrapbooks, too; they have all sorts of cool television articles and magazine clippings I have been saving since 1965; the oldest is a full page article about Don Adams from the Providence Journal.

Of course now I'll have to buy one of those retro phonograph/CD/cassette combinations if I want to play the 78s.

The furniture is in good shape except the top of the tier table has come loose. No use in claiming on it; we have a $500 deductable and it won't take that much to fix. It looks like it simply needs some good wood glue.