Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, August 25, 2005
Missing...Darn It...
I realized that one of the things I did not find in the attic was my copy of Jerry Robinson's True Classroom Flubs and Fluffs. I used to have two of his books, a regular paperback copy and another paperback in a Scholastic-type format (I checked Bookfinder; there were two, one done by Fawcett and one indeed done by Scholastic). The contents were totally different.

I loved these books: Robinson would take a classroom blooper and illustrate it. My favorite was the rather drunken looking big black dog with a sink in its mouth, accompanying the caption "A big black dog used by hunters is called a lavatory retriever." Going along with the statement "A spine is what keeps people from being legs all the way up to their necks" was a funny/grotesque drawing of people with long legs stretching under their chins. They were absolutely hilarious.

I'd left the Scholastic book back at my Mom's; the Fawcett book had disappeared when we moved into the house. I don't think it was lost in the move; I think it was actually stolen earlier. I found out very late in our apartment stay that during the summer one of the maintenance men used to bring his two kids along with him when he did his repairs. This wouldn't bother me except—what did the kids do while dad was working on the sink or toilet or whatever? and that several of my kids' books from our bedroom had disappeared: the aforementioned Flubs and Fluffs, my MAD Sampler with the Lassie spoof in it, and my copy of One Hundred and One Dalmatians with the original illustrations.